For that special occasion – wedding, honeymoon, anniversary or just because the bank balance needs to be reduced just more than a teensy bit…
Addo Game Lodges offer some very exclusive experiences with staff to pamper your every whim.
As at 21 November these Seven exclusive lodges offered the best accommodation available at over R3000.00 per person per night – guaranteed to keep those pesky employees, tax or ratepayers at the Top 5 Cheapest HERE.
Top 7 Exclusive Addo Accommodation Choices: (Click on the rates to get the latest)
- From R8 360.00 per unit – Amakhala Game Reserve: Welcome to the Bush Lodge – a proud member of the Heritage Collection on Amakhala Game Reserve. Situated in the malaria free, Greater Addo and Frontier Country area in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, this breathtaking reserve offers sightings of the Big 5 and numerous other species.The Bush Lodge is only a 45 minute drive east of Port Elizabeth. Discreetly built in the bush at the top end of an open valley in the reserve, each of the rooms overlook a watering point with big sky views. All buildings have thatched roofs, tented walls and wooden floors.The guest reception is at Reed Valley Inn where guests are welcomed by our friendly staff. From there, guests are transported in an open Land Rover to the Bush Lodge. Riveting once-in-a-life time game viewing experiences, including sunset river cruises make for an exceptional safari experience.Every guest is treated to a luxurious, friendly and exciting stay, synonymous with the Amakhala Heritage Collection standards.
- From R5 150.00 per person – Kichaka Luxury Game Lodge: Kichaka Lodge is ideally situated just over one hour from Port Elizabeth airport. Guests can land at the airport, enjoy a comfortable drive in luxury transfer and within the hour be relaxing, cocktail in hand, overlooking the magnificent Eastern Cape bush and Big 5 game. The main lodge is constructed in stone and thatch which blends seamlessly with the surrounding landscape. It overlooks a large water hole popular with hippo, giraffe, elephant and countless other game.
- From R5 00.00 per person – Hopewell Lodge: Hopewell Lodge redefines the meaning of ‘private’ when it comes to private game lodges. It is an exclusive luxury hideaway on a private African game reserve in South Africa’s beautiful Eastern Cape. The luxurious suites nestled along the hillside can host up to eight guests and overlook the wildlife reserve, a reclaimed Eden in a once remote wilderness. It is a 40-minute drive from the Port Elizabeth airport and situated in malaria-free coastal valley bushveld. The lodge is an ideal destination for those seeking privacy, exclusivity, tranquility and adventure. Hopewell only hosts ‘one party’ bookings to ensure that your experience exceeds your expectation of an unforgettable stay by not having to share the reserve or game viewing vehicle with strangers. This allows guests to set their own times for game drives and meals in the boma or lodge, making it that much more personal and private.
- From R4 450.00 per person – Idwala Game Lodge: Surrender to the call of the wild, experience the enchanting African bush veld at Idwala, a family run lodge in the malaria free Eastern Cape. Perched on a dramatic ridge overlooking a lush green valley, Idwala is sanctuary to a multitude of free-roaming game species and prolific birdlife. It’s also adjacent to a renowned Big Five Game Reserve with no fences between the properties and full traversing rights over the entire 6500ha, so you can experience nature’s breath-taking sights and sounds during your stay with us.
- From R3 980.00 per person – Woodbury Lodge: Four star rated Woodbury Lodge is spectacularly set against a cliff above the Bushmans River valley in the Amahkala Game Reserve. It offers an intimate and tranquil experience of the Eastern Cape riverine bushveld at its best. It is the ideal place for families to relax and enjoy the bush together. Guests are often thrilled by the late afternoon sighting of the elephant herd passing by. All rooms have private decks and large bathrooms with a view over the plains. Child minding facilities available.
- From R3 180.00 per person – Amakhala Leeuwenbosch and Shearers Lodge: Leeuwenbosch Country House is a gracious country house located in the malaria free Amakhala Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Our beautiful country home is set amidst beautiful indigenous gardens, offering luxurious safari accommodation and a family safari experience steeped in settler history The 3-star rated Game Lodge includes the historic Country House and the newer Shearers Lodge Suites. The Country House, built in 1908, offers five spacious en-suite bedrooms, and is layered with a collection of historical images, documents, and furniture dating back to the 1800s. Set back from the Country House, Shearers Lodge offers contemporary double suites, overlooking a cool low-roofed verandah and tranquil swimming pool. The rooms are all luxuriously appointed consisting of 3 twin rooms and a family room.
- From R3 100.00 per person – Shamwari Game Reserve: Welcome to Shamwari Game Reserve, the ultimate luxury Big Five African safari adventure and conservation effort coupled with responsible tourism. Shamwari Private Game Reserve is home to Africa’s Big 5, and is malaria free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. This reserve has received numerous international awards, including the World’s Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years. Shamwari is about conserving a vanishing way of life and is the realisation of one man’s dream, and the success of many people’s passion. Steeped in pioneer history, and dating back to the time when a multitude of game roamed wild and free, the 25 000 hectare reserve boasts five eco-systems, thus enabling the support of many forms of plant, animal and bird life.