Addo is fast becoming associated with luxury and high end safari lifestyle. But, cheap, budget or value for money accommodation is still to be found in the area.
The rates below are based on per person sharing – click on the rate or establishment to check or book.
As at 21 November 2015 these were the five cheapest accommodation choices in Addo:
- From R120.00 – Orange Elephant Backpackers: Orange Elephant Backpackers borders the Addo Elephant Park and is situated on a working citrus farm only 8 km from the Addo main gate. We offer a variety of accommodation options, from a Campsite and dormitory-style units to Family and Double Rooms. On site we have a restaurant and pub where you can meet up with local farmers, game rangers and researchers and fellow guests.
- From R230.00 – Aardvark Guest House: Self-catering accommodation offering the discerning budget traveller a comfortable and sociable stay. Stay in our en-suite rooms in the main house or our traditional thatched en-suite rondawels or dorm rooms. Relax in our stylish lounge or enjoy refreshments on our deck outside. Prepare your meals in the well-equipped communal kitchen or enjoy our outdoor braai facilities.
- From R250.00 – Sandflats B&B: Far from the madding crowd, you will find the tranquil country village of Paterson, close to Addo National Elephant Park where the only sounds disturbing you are the sounds of nature. Here you will find the Sandflats Hotel, where your hosts, Rudy and Denise Wilhelmi, are looking forward to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The Sandflats Hotel is ideally located for the visitor to make it a base from which to experience the best that the beautiful and diverse Eastern Cape has to offer. You can soak up the early morning sun on one of the many safe beaches around Port Elizabeth, spend the day in historical Grahamstown in the heart of South Africa’s Settler country and enjoy an evening game drive at the Schotia Game reserve. Accommodation is on a bed and breakfast basis or self-catering in The Bank or Winters Cottage – both sleeps up to six persons. We are centrally situated within 20 to 30 minutes’ drive of six malaria free game reserves – all offering a unique African experience. Africa begins here, where the Tourist is King.
- From R275.00 – Chameleon: Chameleon is a well-known bed and breakfast located in Kirkwood, in the Sunday River Valley. The area is well-known for citrus fruit and the biggest wildlife festival in South Africa. All of our rooms are tastefully decorated and equipped with DStv, fridges, tea and coffee-making facilities, air-conditioners and microwaves. We offer room service and our guests may make use of the braai facilities and the swimming pool, which has a safety net. Our restaurant caters for various tastes, including vegetarians. The restaurant is located on the premises and it is fully licensed.
- From R280.00 – Bush Getaways: This privately owned game farm in the Klein Winterhoek Mountains, of the malaria free Sundays River Valley, offers three unique bush getaway experiences. We are situated only 95 km from Port Elizabeth. The farm is home to over 25 species of game. Scenic bush walks, mountain bike trails and 4×4 routes are all on offer. Nearby, one can visit the Addo Elephant National Park, the Daniell Cheetah Breeding Farm, citrus packhouses or top class health spas.