This Combo combines the best of Eastern Cape Big Five safaris: the large herds of elephant and buffalo found in Addo and the superb predator and rhino sightings at Lalibela. Add 2 nights at Camp Figtree to a 2-night stay at Lalibela.Camp Figtree (www.campfigtree.com) is a secluded private lodge set high on the stunning Zuurberg mountain range, adjacent to the Addo Elephant National Park. The camp has breath-taking 270 degree views over the valley onto mountain slopes cloaked with dense indigenous vegetation. Camp Figtree is a 1920s traditional colonial style camp with corrugated iron roofing and wide, sweeping verandahs. Each of the spacious suites is uniquely decorated, featuring family antiques, Persian carpets, polished wooden furnishings and objets d’art. The in-house restaurant offers superb cuisine and a well-stocked wine cellar.
During your time at Camp Figtree, you can take part in the following activities:-
- Game Drives – Daily game drives into Addo Elephant National Park with an experienced game ranger in an open game-viewing vehicle. Addo has a unique place in the story of the struggle to conserve the African elephant. It is home to the densest population of elephant in the world. Apart from elephants, other mammals in Addo include lion, the endangered Cape buffalo and black rhino, as well as zebra, jackal, warthog, suricate and numerous species of antelope.
- Elephant Back Safaris – Walk with elephants in their natural environment and even enjoy an elephant ride at nearby Addo Elephant Back Safaris. Visitors get to view, in intimate proximity, the elephants as they go about their business of walking, feeding and watering in the African bush.
- Horse riding safaris – Addo Elephant National Park also offers horse trails for both experienced riders and beginners. These trails offer the opportunity to view game at a safe distance from horseback.
- Walking – Go on a sundowner walk following the paths that wander through Camp Figtree’s nature reserve.
- Mountain biking – Explore the mountain bike trails on one of Camp Figtree’s bicycles
- Picnics – Enjoy a bush picnic in safari style with a picnic basket from Cape Figtree’s kitchen.
- 2 or 3 nights at Camp Figtree (www.campfigtree.com) on a BB basis
- 2 or 3 nights at Lalibela (includes accommodation, all meals, all drinks and 2 game drives a day)
ENQUIRIES: email@example.com or TEL: +27 41 581 8170
Please note: The rates above are for Lentaba Lodge and Mark’s Camp (at Lalibela) – please contact us if you would like to stay at Tree Tops for the safari portion of your stay and we will send you the rates.
Article source: http://www.lalibela.net/4-day-addo-lalibela-combo/